Are you normal? Do the concepts of Mental Health and Mental Illness serve any purpose other than to divide people arbitrarily and cause people shame that alienates them from themselves? Does psychiatry today, and more specifically biopsychiatry even believe that anyone is or can be normal? What is normal? Many argue that biopsychiatry – the direction the psychiatric profession is taking in defining mental illlness as “brain disorder” or “brain disease” and then seeking to treat it with all kinds of medications, many that do way more harm than good, is predicated on labeling almost everyone with something which calls into question just what disordered means.
Dr. John Breeding Ph.D. was my guest on The Psyche Whisperer Radio Show, Wednesday August 4th, live at 3pm EST. You can now listen to the archived interview here. Dr. Breeding talked about, among other things, psychiatric oppression and what mental health consumers really do need to know and think more about when it comes to what mental illness is and how it can be most effectively treated and coped with if it even is what it is thought by so many people to be. What are the implications of biopsychiatry for people given the label and diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder?
? The Psyche Whisperer Radio Show & A.J. Mahari – All rights reserved.
- Borderline Personality Disorder In Men ? The Myth of High/Low Functioning in BPD ? BPD is not a Brain Disorder
- Biopsychiatry – Pharma Funded Scam – NAMI?
- What’s Wrong with Psychiatry’s Biology/Medication Approach to Mental Illness?
- Stop Overreacting ? Effective Strategies For Calming Your Emotions
- From Psychobabble to Biobabble – Dr. Andrew Scull on “A Psychiatric Revolution”